Foursquare, Blue Apron, Squarespace, Shutterstock, Bonobos, and Birchbox all have one thing in common: they’re just a handful of the companies taking part in RaisedBy.Us to enable their employees to give back to great causes.
RaisedBy.Us, a social good program for tech companies, is seeking a CEO / Executive Director. We’ve gained traction with New York’s leading tech companies and will reach $1,000,000 donated to charity in 2017. Now we’re looking for an ambitious leader to use our initial traction, high-profile board, and top-tier clients as a platform to scale our charitable efforts exponentially.
The Vision for RaisedBy.Us
There’s a good deal of frustration in the world about current events, atrocities, diseases, and a long list of other problems. We see that frustration from our friends on our Facebook feeds and elsewhere. They’re looking for meaning and answers. That frustration is rarely channeled into positive, tangible action. It’s hard to know where to give or what to do.
We’re here to help.
We’re channeling all that goodwill, making it easy, fun, and efficient to give back to great causes, either through volunteering or donating. We partner with employers, giving us a distribution channel to thousands of employees where we can offer social good opportunities. We’re starting with New York city tech companies. We’ll expand to San Francisco, Boston, and LA. Eventually we’ll be the organization that powers giving back to the millions of small businesses across America that would like to support their employees, but don’t have the bandwidth to do the work. We’ll create a plug-and-play program that can easily be rolled out. We’ll create a new generation of philanthropists, raising hundreds of millions for charity along the way.
The person in this role will lead the organization: from strategy to sales, from operations to recruiting, you’ll work with the chairman and board to execute against a plan to build out our efforts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Fundraising: working with the chairman and board to secure operational funds for the organization
- “Sales”: meeting with founders, CEO, and heads of HR at top-tier tech startups/companies to share our vision and why they should join the program
- Strategy & scale: determining what our strategy should be to scale to millions in donations and each year
Activation: figuring out how to utilize the network of donors we have access to towards further positive outcomes, whether volunteerism, civic engagement, or whatever else you have in mind
- Operations: running the day to day operations of the organization, including finances, hiring, and anything else that comes up
- Grassroots efforts: going into participating partners during pledge drives and figuring out how to motivate employees to pledge, including everything from public speaking to internal get-the-word-out campaigns
- Marketing: figuring out a marketing strategy for the organization to help generate leads and raise the profile of the brand
- Partnerships: deciding which organizations we should integrate with in order to increase our reach
What you might look like
- At least 3 years of experience in either a startup/tech company or nonprofit
- History or ability with any or all of the following: being a part of an organization that has experienced rapid growth, fundraising, sales, community organizing, product
- Educational requirements: bachelors
- Some affiliation to giving back/social good
You’ll like this job if…
- Tackling large, ambiguous problems seems fun not scary
- You are mission driven and want to make a dent on healing the world
- You can rally people to do stuff for you. In this context, that’s everyone from CEOs to potential donors at participating companies
- You like the challenge of figuring out problems such as how to turn our $1m in donations to $100m in donations; how to turn a massive base of employees into active, positive participants in their local communities
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy - take time off when you need
RaisedBy.Us is a social good program for employers which allows employees to donate their time and money to causes they love. There are over a million causes to choose from and 100% goes to the charity.
Over $800,000 has been pledged through the program with employee participation rates as high as 76%. We will reach $1m donated in 2017.
Participating companies include Squarespace, Blue Apron, Birchbox, Bonobos, Foursquare, Namely, Shutterstock, MongoDB, Sailthru, Contently, InVision, Thrillist, JackThreads, Bounce Exchange, and Mic.
Co-founded by Simon Kirk (Director of Business Development at InVision), board members include Ben Lerer, CEO of Thrillist, Andy Dunn, CEO of Bonobos, and Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia.